Saturday, August 21, 2004

The Anti-CEO

This is fascinating. I've long held that other organizational structures in corporations might hold more or different advantages in comparison to the standard military hierarchy model.

I don't think his solutions are portable, and certainly his interviews tend to focus on how 'free' and 'different' his approaches are. Based on the few excerpts from his book I've been able to find, these are counterbalanced with very powerful incentives, extremely high expectations, and brutal hiring processes. As well as constant transparent review. You won't see much on that.

He seems like a very smart guy. I plan on getting the book when I have a bit of time. Direct Democracy corporations probably wouldn't work without a lot of attendant complexity, but even approximations could get you interesting returns. More when I get his books.

No comments: