Thursday, November 04, 2004

Well, meeting Ben Goertzel was interesting. He's a nice guy. I know I learned a lot more about his system than he learned about mine, but I'm probably just less talkative than he is.

The interesting thing is that even though serious theory differences exist, Ben's project is probably the closest to our own that I am aware of. In some ways this is encouraging, because it means competition for early stage AI applications will be small, and also slightly worrying, as lone positions sometimes turn out to be bad ones. There is only so much you can infer about ideas from their context though.

Fun and interesting stuff.

Bruce Klein is still here, which is great, he's a really solid fun guy. He's filming more people for his documentary, as well as bemoaning the election.

I have to say I have no strong feelings about the election. It's very dissapointing that 11 states voted to ban gay marriage. Not surprising, perhaps.

No comments: