Monday, December 19, 2005

Frogpad, ergonomic keyboards, left handed keyboard, ergonomic keyboard, bluetooth keyboard

So today I recieved my very first christmas present, and the one I was most looking forward to. It's a one handed keyboard.

I've used a lot of input devices, your standard qwerty, plus dvorak keymapping, the old twiddler, various pen-based systems, like Palm Graffito, block, and touchscreen pda units. But I'm very excited about frogpad because it seems like it might have a chance, both to last as a product, and to be used more widely than your standard keyboard/mouse, or pen, or whatever. This frogpad is bluetooth, which means it can be used (primarily on my computer, without nasty wires) with many kinds of peripherals and hardwares. Phones and PDAs.

Now it's just a matter of seeing whether it cuts my input speed by too much. I actually recorded all my keystrokes in a trivial script some time ago, and the statistics are surprising. How long I can go without typing in normal day, how slow my average typing speed is, the burst speed, etc. I should ressurect that script for the purposes of this keyboard transition. Ah well. I'll start trying to use it tonight, when I have a bit of free time.

Read more at www.frogpad.com/

No comments: