Friday, January 19, 2007

Grand Illusions Ltd Pens and Pencils

I kind of want one of these metal pens.

Ugh. So, I'm here, obviously very late at night, because I have to leave too early in the morning to trust myself to go to bed. I'm taking advantage of the opportunity to get some work done before I leave.

I'm going to Michigan, for a funeral, which is unpleasant, to say the least. I'll be there for the weekend, and back, then to SLC for next weekend. It's all part of a family extravaganza.

Other than this sudden and unhappy events, things are good. At work especially. I'm working on interesting things, and generally we're accomplishing a great deal. In a most exciting development, we're finally getting into having permanent instances of our system. You see, usually we start up the AI software, run it through training, and then test it, for anywhere from ten seconds(while debugging) to 4-6 hours(for liveweb tests). This means that no instance of the AI is ever around for very long. But now we have instances that we're running for days and days. Even better, we're starting to use it to do practical things for ourselves ( my favorite one is TIGO, the AI that watches another AI being tested, and complains to us if it sees the testee making mistakes).

It's all very interesting, I wish I didn't have to go this weekend. Other than, you know, the obvious reasons to wish it weren't so.

Strangely, I have some money left over from christmas, even after buying a plane ticket. Maybe I'll get one of those pens. Or start squirreling away for an iPhone. Who knows.

No comments: