Saturday, January 14, 2006

A new project. I'm going to post once a week on news, views, and my commentary thereof, relating to Intelligence.

I define the scope of This Week in Intelligence to be either scientific or engineering subjects relating to both intelligence itself, and intelligent systems. So it should be of interest to people who want to know both how humans think, and how thinking itself works.

Almost everything we do, feel, or avoid is primarily affected by the character of our intelligence, which everyone shares. We notice the social differences, and they're important to us, because they are how we tell each other apart. But there is a vast shared pool of attributes which we rarely investigate, which I think will be very interesting if it can be explored well.

I have several ambitions for This Week in Intelligence, but we'll just see how it goes.

No comments: