Thursday, March 18, 2004

I can't tell you how lovely it is to have a long conversation with someone on a subject they know more about than you. Yi Shi, you are my hero.

Orkut finally comes through on the promise of interesting new people. Thus far, we've had restructuring of friends, rediscovery of old friends, and interesting special purpose groups for conversations. Perhaps this is a new phase?

Ah the young and the brilliant, Yi Shi is only 19. I start finally to see why my friends were all worried and somewhat uncomfortable with me about. I like the feeling. Makes me feel as if I must move forward. Which I am, of course. The analogy breaks down. I moved past people when I am younger than them, but Yi Shi hasn't quite blown past me yet, despite her great knowledge of areas I have not read in. Micheal Annissimov may be more worrying, though I haven't talked with him enough to really know.

We'll see.

No comments: