Wednesday, April 21, 2004

Ha, interesting day.

my mother is in LA today. she is here for a conference. She visited tonight, met my coworkers, and toured the place. We went to Gaby's mediterrenean.

Now I'm back, trying to get some work done, but life and people and internet keep intruding. I think I have a good concept for this environment, but I'm not sure. Running the experiment....

I like the way our internal scripting language has kind of taken shape. It's still very special purpose and hackish, but it has gotten massivly more general pretty quickly. Most expressive.

I still miss the generality of python, though. Maybe I'll bring it up someday? I should probably look into the difficulty of embedding it before I speak up. The relearning curve might be hideous. I don't know. We have put a decent amount of work into this parser, but I'm trying to think of it in terms of total efficiency, rather than sunk investment.

No comments: